You don't need to hide your family pet in the car and sneak it into a motel room for the night...
I experienced it all: rightout refusals to allow dogs on the premises, 50% higher room prices or tiny cages that might fit a small poodle but not a German Shepherd.
Until I found several websites that provide information on Hotels, Bed & Breakfast, Daycare & Vets, Travel Tips, Fun Places and more
Travel tips for you and your pet
- Call ahead to reconfirm the hotel is pet friendly.
- Try to get a ground floor room so your dog can get outside quickly.
- Bring it's bed or blankets from home to sleep on - and also it's favoured toys.
- Don't leave your dog alone in the hotel room.
- Check with the Vet before travelling.
- Keep your dog always on a leash in public areas.
- Pet your dog often to reasure it! Being in an unfamiliar area and out of his usual routine can be stressful for pets.
Thumbs up! Dog-friendly Toronto
Between 9:30 am and 15:30 pm dogs on a leash are allowed in Toronto's subway, busses and streetcars.